Renting with the protocol is fairly straightforward, but some details may still be of interest. Let’s follow the lifecycle of a rental to illustrate:
- Renter’s exploration for available assets. They may follow a direct link to the available asset from the game UI, or explore IQVerses and the available assets via the IQ Market UI.
- The next step is unlocking their payment tokens, which is approving operations with it.
- Setting the rental period and sending (confirming) a transaction. This results in the creation of a new Rental Agreement and passing the Warped Asset to the renter (
ownerOffor the Warped Asset returns the renter’s address).
- Note: A wallet like Metamask doesn’t preview the payment token price (which is shown in the IQ Market UI); it only shows the gas price.
- During the rental period, the renter can get eligibility provided by the game or service (typically owned by the IQVerse owner). This is not a part of the IQ Protocol (see integration steps).
- When the rental period ends, the Warped Asset is automatically returned to the protocol’s Metahub (the
ownerOfmethod returns the Metahub address).
Updated 6 months ago